cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

(Plesk)Error: Unable to set the certificate: Incompatible private key/certificate pair.

I purchased a Standard UCC SSL Certificate via GoDaddy and I'm having trouble downloading and installing on my Plesk Server.  

When I go to "SSL Certificates Help," there is a "Parallels Plesk Panel" options for installing a certificate, but it only lists help for an outdated version of Plesk.  

I have tried downloading my (.zip) file certificate under server category "Other" and uploading to the SSL/TLS Certificates area of Plesk, but I am hit with the Error message as seen in the title.  

Looking for some advice and guidance here, I hope this all makes sense.  New to doing this manually.  

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SG4101 This all in regards to me trying to understand how to manually install SSL certificates via GoDaddy and Plesk.  My post for help might be a little hard to understand as I am new to doing this.    

I have received help from two agents on this matter.  I was initially having trouble with the language used in the various GoDaddy tutorials.  It's not very specific or helpful unless you have manually assigned SSL certificates with GoDaddy some time in the past.  Over much discourse, I was able to get help.  But issues are still present, so I will likely be looking for help again soon.   

Thank you for replying.    

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hello @stnkyrice and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you were experiencing this issue, was this resolved and do you mind sharing how?

If you are still experiencing this issue, are you using Plesk Hosting account shared hosting or VPS/Dedicated hosting? After verifying your certificate request, if you have shared hosting then GoDaddy will finish the SSL install if it is within the same account for you or if you have another hosting account then there are additional steps needed that is instructed in the GoDaddy Help Guide linked..

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

@SG4101 This all in regards to me trying to understand how to manually install SSL certificates via GoDaddy and Plesk.  My post for help might be a little hard to understand as I am new to doing this.    

I have received help from two agents on this matter.  I was initially having trouble with the language used in the various GoDaddy tutorials.  It's not very specific or helpful unless you have manually assigned SSL certificates with GoDaddy some time in the past.  Over much discourse, I was able to get help.  But issues are still present, so I will likely be looking for help again soon.   

Thank you for replying.    

View solution in original post