cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Certificate Error for email

I'm not able to send emails from outlook client for Mac, an error comes with an invalid certificate.

Under Cpanel I see this:

The installed certificate does not cover this domain. The certificate will not renew via AutoSSL because it was not issued via AutoSSL.Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.14.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.14.45 PM.jpg

Contacted support via phone but they were not able to help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @BasharVRS and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response. Based off of the screenshot provided, you have a DV SSL which covers only one domain with no subdomains. The WildCard SSL covers one primary domain and unlimited subdomains. Your current SSL will not cover any subdomains.

If the only other subdomains needed are for cPanel email and you will not be creating any other subdomains, then my best advice is to purchase an email service. GoDaddy offers Office 365 with migration from cPanel to Office 365. This option is more cost effective than purchasing a WildCard SSL and your email will no longer use the resources on your server that is supposed to be dedicated to your site. If you choose this option, please reach out to GoDaddy Support to help further assist.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found this response helpful with troubleshooting. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @BasharVRS and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response. Based off of the screenshot provided, you have a DV SSL which covers only one domain with no subdomains. The WildCard SSL covers one primary domain and unlimited subdomains. Your current SSL will not cover any subdomains.

If the only other subdomains needed are for cPanel email and you will not be creating any other subdomains, then my best advice is to purchase an email service. GoDaddy offers Office 365 with migration from cPanel to Office 365. This option is more cost effective than purchasing a WildCard SSL and your email will no longer use the resources on your server that is supposed to be dedicated to your site. If you choose this option, please reach out to GoDaddy Support to help further assist.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found this response helpful with troubleshooting. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post