cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL certificate applied but not being used by SMTP server

I have a domain that I have an SSL cert for the subdomain mail.domain.com that has been applied to the C-panel

Padlock is green etc. in SSL status for mail.domain.com

When setting up secure SSL/TLS imap/smtp settings it shows a certificate error for the SMTP portion. When viewing the certificate it always shows the xxx.secureserver.net certificate.

Is there anyway to resolve this so that it uses the mail.domain.com certificate

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @mugen338 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I was able to locate the settings needed to configure mail clients with cPanel email and it recommends settings for SMTP and not SMTPS, set SSL or Secure Connection to none.

I hope this helps you with troubleshooting the issue. I would consider migrating your email to an email service with security, this way you are not using resources for your website to host your emails.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @mugen338 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I was able to locate the settings needed to configure mail clients with cPanel email and it recommends settings for SMTP and not SMTPS, set SSL or Secure Connection to none.

I hope this helps you with troubleshooting the issue. I would consider migrating your email to an email service with security, this way you are not using resources for your website to host your emails.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post