cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL is only working sometimes for my heroku hosted site

My site, gldfunding.com only shows as being secured some of the times i visit it.

https://www.whynopadlock.com/results/3764f94d-606c-44cd-8c04-d26b92a8cbb7

I'm hosting it on Heroku and also have paid for SSL management. When heroku's automated management didn't work I added my godaddy SSL cert and it is still only working intermittently. I have a redirect in godaddy settings that points gldfactoring.com to www.gldfactoring.com.

I also have another domain name that points to the same site, gldfactoring.com, That is also not secure, how can I secure this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @NullPointer and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize foe the delayed response. for your first issue, I took a look at the results from WhyNoPadlock and based off of those results, you're not forcing the use of HTTPS which is why it is not coming up as fully secure. You can redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically by following the steps in the link provided.

To help answer your second issue, I also completed a test on gldfactoring.com using WhyNoPadlock. The domain on the SSL does not match the domain that is listed on the SSL certificate, you would need to rekey your SSL so that the domain on your SSL matches.

To answer your third issue, the best option is to secure your third domain with an SSL. I would reach out to support for an account review an inquire about a Multiple Domain (UCC) SSL. This type of SSL certificate can cover multiple domains and subdomains as long as the domains are located in the same hosting account. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope you find these resources helpful.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @NullPointer and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize foe the delayed response. for your first issue, I took a look at the results from WhyNoPadlock and based off of those results, you're not forcing the use of HTTPS which is why it is not coming up as fully secure. You can redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically by following the steps in the link provided.

To help answer your second issue, I also completed a test on gldfactoring.com using WhyNoPadlock. The domain on the SSL does not match the domain that is listed on the SSL certificate, you would need to rekey your SSL so that the domain on your SSL matches.

To answer your third issue, the best option is to secure your third domain with an SSL. I would reach out to support for an account review an inquire about a Multiple Domain (UCC) SSL. This type of SSL certificate can cover multiple domains and subdomains as long as the domains are located in the same hosting account. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope you find these resources helpful.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post