cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

I purchased an SSL certificate for my website builder site and there is now an autodirect to my HTTPS site and it is working fine.

However, when I use an embedded HTML sign-up/contact form from a 3rd party (Mailchimp), the form is not visible on my HTTPS site.

If I turn off the HTTPS, and view my site in HTTP, I can see the form. 

I contacted Mailchimp and they said: "It looks like the form code is being altered after you publish it. The code generally goes in the tag for a site. Do you have the option to edit that section within those settings? If not, try adding it to a different section to see if it allows it to show."

I do not know how to do the above and have been waiting for months for resolution...please advise!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hi @johnnyw_050. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure what would cause this, but it might be related to the fact that HTML content goes into an iframe element. If this works for you via HTTP, then I don't think it would change using HTTPS, unless the code itself doesn't use that protocol. I'd double check to make sure that the Mailchimp script you're using can be executed within an iframe. If it can, then you may consider providing the code here so others can take a look at it. That may help you get additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, I posted this code into an HTML widget on my site, like so:

Capture.JPGThe full code is as follows:

<!-- Begin Mailchimp Signup Form -->
<link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/classic-10_7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
#mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
/* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
</style>
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="https://MYSITE.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=860589f5c02f050505548d7ed&amp;id=195e141bb1" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
<div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">

<div class="mc-field-group">
<label for="mce-EMAIL">Email Address </label>
<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL">
</div>
<label for="mce-FNAME">First Name </label>
<input type="text" value="" name="FNAME" class="required" id="mce-FNAME">
</div>
<label for="mce-LNAME">Last Name </label>
<input type="text" value="" name="LNAME" class="required" id="mce-LNAME">
</div>
<div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
</div> <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
<div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_500618f30b5793ecdf3ac27a9_b68dcd66f6" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
<div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" style="background:#ea8e2e" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
</div>
</form>
</div>
<script type='text/javascript' src='//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/mc-validate.js'></script><script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>
<!--End mc_embed_signup-->
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

I can see the above worked in HTTP because the sign up box loads up

Capture1.JPG

However in HTTPS there is just a blank space..... 😞

@johnnyw_050 - I tested this on one of our new Website Builder sites with HTTPS and didn't see an issue. It looks like you're using something different though. You may want to share the actual domain of the site and how you are building it. That may also help generate suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, thanks for caring.

My site is https://walshmining.com/ - you'll notice at the bottom of the page that there is just a blank space where the sign up form is supposed to go. After a while it says it 'took too long to respond' and never loads.

I contacted the webhosting company many times and they just keep telling me to wait and they tell me someone is working on it - but I have been waiting months and months.  At this stage I'd just pay someone to fix it, and I even offered them, and they told me to wait.

Maybe there is something else  that can be done such as transferring the whole site to a different hosting company if it can't be fixed.

Thanks a lot!

Johnny

@johnnyw_050 - Hmm. I'm not seeing the form even in the source code of the page right now, so it might be something with the theme itself. One thing you could try is making sure any URLs that are referenced in the script also use HTTPS. Browsers sometimes throw HTTPS errors when there is mixed content on a page. I found two URLs within the script where you could add the protocol. 

Line 2

<link href="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/classic-10_7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Line 33

<script type='text/javascript' src='https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/mc-validate.js'></script><script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>

I bolded the text that I added. Hope that helps.