cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Wildcard SSL certificate cannot validate Email

So my domain thevirajshelke.com is secured by third party wildcard SSL certificate & my domains are secured which also includes mail.thevirajshelke.com.

When I try to connect the email account using some application SSL authentication fails & certificate is not considered valid because the Certificate Subject and the hostname doesn't match.

So to understand this in a better way I did a telnet to my server as follows

telnet mail.thevirajshelke.com 25 & the response was

Trying 166.62.10.34...
Connected to mail.thevirajshelke.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-sg2plcpnl0100.prod.sin2.secureserver.net ESMTP Exim 4.92 #2 Sat, 02 May 2020 07:39:17 -0700
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
220 and/or bulk e-mail.

So there is another go daddy's server which is giving the response and the domain for the same is 'sg2plcpnl0100.prod.sin2.secureserver.net' whose IP Address is 182.50.135.33.

So it's pretty obvious that the SSL validation fails.

I had called GoDaddy's support and they came up with nothing apart from the fact that I am using shared hosting. So does it mean that every shared hosting user can never get his email account validated via SSL? Also, what is this server? A relay server? Can't we set up our own Sendmail/Postfix etc? I was wondering what could be the fix?

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @thevirajshelke and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response. I utilized GoDaddy's SSL Checker and entered your domain, the results show your SSL is installed correctly. Do you mind sharing how you were able to troubleshoot this issue, so that other end users who may experience this in the future can troubleshoot?

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope you have a wonderful weekend 😁.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!