cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Using wildcard SSL certificate with subdomains using different A record IP addresses

Hi

I've purchased the Wildcard SSL certificate because it was advertised as being able to be used with different subdomains. I have 2 subdomains which use A records to point to different servers on different public IP addresses. If I create a CSR for one, and use it, and then obviously I'll need to create a totally difference CSR on the other one and then manage the SSL for that, will it revoke the original certificate for the seperater subdomain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @solidpro and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve using a Wildcard SSL certificate with subdomains and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to get this issue resolved, I was able to locate a few resources to help you assist with troubleshooting. You can install a Wildcard certificate using the same directions provided in the help guide on how to install SSL certificates. (Source: GoDaddy Community Post). 

SSLs for addon domains or subdomains must be installed manually. You can follow this help guide on how to manually install an SSL certificate on cPanel. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these resources have been helpful in regards to troubleshooting your issue.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @solidpro and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve using a Wildcard SSL certificate with subdomains and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to get this issue resolved, I was able to locate a few resources to help you assist with troubleshooting. You can install a Wildcard certificate using the same directions provided in the help guide on how to install SSL certificates. (Source: GoDaddy Community Post). 

SSLs for addon domains or subdomains must be installed manually. You can follow this help guide on how to manually install an SSL certificate on cPanel. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these resources have been helpful in regards to troubleshooting your issue.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post