cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Website Security didn't work for me

The service I have received from goDaddy is absolutely shocking. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
I was sold a security package which I have now been told didn’t actually offer any security. So my website was hacked!
Since it has been hacked, I have suffered multiple hosting errors 502. And since it has been “repaired” by the godaddy team I have now lost all webpages, booking systems and content on my site, it now only appears as coding. This has now being going on 6 days!! I am loosing a massive amount of business because of this. Godaddy team each time I speak to them, I have to explain the problem again each time, they tell me it’s fixed and hang up and yet again the same problem occurs. I have spent at least 7 hours on the phone to them in total.

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Debs2 

We are end users like you so I'm not sure how much we can help with your specific issue. That being said, I am assuming you are referring to one of these packages  - https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/website-security

Just wondering

1) What type of website do you have - WordPress, HTML, some other platform?

2) What type of server are you on cPanel, Managed WordPress, VPS - hosted elsewhere?

3) Have you been doing any sort of external backups of your site? - The security service does a backup of files they are modifying as part of the fix but not backing up the site itself on a regular basis

4) Assuming it is WordPress had you been updating plugins on a regular basis

I can tell you generally speaking these sort of "repairs" are a manual process and GoDaddy employees are working from home so that could delay things. 

Also if you could share your domain name.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community