cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

adding existing SSL paid certificate to a subdomain

Hi,

I have a SSL paid certificate from godaddy I'd like to add a subdomain to it for my mobile site. How to do so?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: adding existing SSL paid certificate to a subdomain

Hi @DEVTECH. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

The answer to your question would depend on the kind of SSL Certificate you have. If it's a standard certificate, you may be able to change your common name. If it's a UCC or Wildcard certificate, you could probably just add it. If you can give more details about your situation, including the type of certificate and hosting you're installing it on, that should help others answer your question.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Jesse -- I think my situation is similar to the original asker's. I have a standard SSL cert (paid) and I need to keep the existing domain on the cert and add one m. (for mobile) subdomain.  I'd  like to add the subdomain to the existing cert and not re-key. I want to avoid re-keying, because I can't afford to bring the site down. Is there any way to get this done? -- Val. 

New

Hi Val,

Is GoDaddy the host?  Did you purchase a wildcert SSL cert for the primary domain?  If you did not, you will need to purchase SSL cert for the sub-domain.  Usually, the hosting company will provide you with a CSR file to purchase your sub-domain. Be sure to include the IP address for the hosting company and server/software type required.  

I hope this helps,

Monica

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello @Val,

With a Standard Certificate, you can only have one domain. You'd need a certificate that protects multiple domains.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

i'm installing a ticket site and that needs the SSL, I don't need it on my .com but need it on my .com/tickets. Just purchased the SSL at check out. can it be moved? I just need instructions.

Thank you, 

F