cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

if I reset my WordPress site and start over, can I reinstall the same ssl certificate?

If I need to reset my word press site to start over from scratch, can I uninstall and then reinstall the same ssl certificate or would I have to buy another one? I will be using it for the same domain, just trying to see if I can do this before starting the site over. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User II

@jessiewill0689 

If you are getting a new server you may just have to "re-key" the certificate. That said the certificate is independent of the WordPress installation itself - so if you are deleting the WordPress folder / database and just doing a clean install the SSL is not affected by that.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User II

@jessiewill0689 

If you are getting a new server you may just have to "re-key" the certificate. That said the certificate is independent of the WordPress installation itself - so if you are deleting the WordPress folder / database and just doing a clean install the SSL is not affected by that.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post