cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

503 and Service Unavailable since Thursday 11/10/16

On Thursday, Nov. 10 I had a 503 error message and then Service Unavailable.  I have been getting it ever since.  Have had three people look at my site and their is nothing that could be causing this error.  I have been on Go Daddy for a year and never had any trouble until the server database issue at Go Daddy on 11/10/16. 

It's still not working properly...I can get into admin. but after a few minutes I get a service unavailable error message and get booted off site???  Anyone else having the same issue since Nov. 10, 2016?????

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 503 and Service Unavailable since Thursday 11/10/16

Hey @Howdy. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

503 errors are usually brought on by using more memory (RAM) than what's allocated to the account. If you're seeing this on a Managed WordPress account, I would suggest getting in touch with our support team. Most of the time this is an indication of an issue on our end. However, it does sometimes have to do with the content of your site. 

If you have anything other than a Managed WordPress account, I'd recommend trying a caching plugin. That will usually greatly reduce the resources your site uses. 

If you're able to get this resolved, please update here so others can benefit from your experience!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.