cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Change emailaddress filled in by GoDaddy

When I started with my website I used the automatic install bij GoDaddy for installing WordPress.

However, the admin emailaddress is "blablablablabla@blablablablabla.prod.ams3.secureserver.net"

I want to change this to my own emailaddress, but somehow it doesn't send the activation link.

How can I change it now?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Change emailaddress filled in by GoDaddy

Hi @Skipper90. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

It looks like this was probably done via Installatron in cPanel. The address used was probably the default for the account. If you visit the cPanel Email page, the default address should be listed at the bottom. You should be able to launch webmail for it and find the emails there. Hope that helps! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @Skipper90,

You can also go to the admin profile in WP and change the address there.  

To navigate the setup for WP mail I've also started using the

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

SMTP mail plugin.  Sometimes cPanel mail delivery gets to be a bit detailed and complicated shall we say?!  This plugin solves many of those problems.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

@JesseWwrote:

Hi @Skipper90. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

It looks like this was probably done via Installatron in cPanel. The address used was probably the default for the account. If you visit the cPanel Email page, the default address should be listed at the bottom. You should be able to launch webmail for it and find the emails there. Hope that helps! 

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I can't find the email in there either. It is also not supposed to send it here, as it is sending to the new address.

However, I think I don't need it anymore, but it still would be nice if I COULD change it...

@JMPepperwrote:

Hi @Skipper90,

You can also go to the admin profile in WP and change the address there.  

To navigate the setup for WP mail I've also started using the

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

SMTP mail plugin.  Sometimes cPanel mail delivery gets to be a bit detailed and complicated shall we say?!  This plugin solves many of those problems.

Hope this helps,

James

That is exactly what I'm doing, but it doesn't send anything... 😞

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @Skipper90,

Within the email setup in cpanel there is a box to check for "internal or external" mail.  Be sure the one you've checked is appropriate for where you are sending.  Also, have you checked your mx settings?  They work in conjunction with the setting of whether you are using cpanel.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

All of that is done already.. Email stays buggy.. I am using the Office 365 and it goes fine there. I changed the emailaddress through PHP MyAdmin now, so I'm fine for now.

Thanks for the efforts!