reviewed the restored version and reached out to GoDaddy on 08 Nov
2016 as some of the content was missing and a text box appeared on top
of the home page.

I was told that this was something to do with my internal files and i
had to fix the same on my own.

I received an email from Google on 14 Nov saying that my site has been infected
by malware. After running some checks, i realized that this was true
and reached out to your customer support. Also - I suspect that the
malware was present in the restored version of my old content.

So - either you restore the clean version of my site or refund my money. Kindly do not upsell me your products or ask me to clean up on my own. 

If you claim that you have restored a clean back up - you can restore the same today and prove that that is what you did.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper III
Solution

Re: Malware version restored by Godaddy

hello @krinpit,

I apologize for any inconveniences you are facing regarding malware and data recovery; however, i believe there is some miscommunication. Some of your code on your website may have been vulnerable to bot attacks, this is common with wordpress plugins. GoDaddy can restore your account to an earlier date but that will not patch the vulnerability on your website. If this is the case, you will need to reach out to the developer of your site to contact the developers of the 3rd party software's you installed on your website. 

Thank you

-

Richard

please note that, i offer direct support that is in no way associated with GoDaddy's regular support channels; but, for immediate technical support you can contact me at: https://join.skype.com/t3cxhmNCspqu
New

any ideas please

great news, my server with 14 domains was corrupted by malware. Godaddy's best solution is to wipe out all of my files. Do you know of a quick and good way to save all of my stuff to an external hardrive so I can pick through the bones? Thanks. No compensation or help offered either. It's not their fault but c'mon. How about a friendly gesture. hugh@hugh.tc

)̷()̷(
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: any ideas please

Hi @hugh4,

sent you a reply...........

Cat Happy