cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

STOUT THEME MENU NOT DISPLAYING ON MOBILE

Using stout theme...all fine but when I view on mobile the menu is not there. How can I make it display please?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: STOUT MENU NOT DISPLAYING ON MOBILE

Hey there @stoutconfused,

Thanks for being a part of the community!

When you go to the site on mobile, do you see something that looks like three horizontal or vertical lines? If you click on that, do you see your menu?

Most themes today have a responsive menu, which means they condense it so the visitor only sees the full menu if they need to change the page.

What is your site URL?

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi Joe,

No, no 3 lines appear the menu is just not there. In the demo version of stout I can see it is meant to be there but it doesnt appear on mine. It was off line but I will bring on line for a short while.

www.coachingforcarers.co.uk

Super User III
Super User III

Hmm, that is curious. I wasn't able to get the mobile menu to come up on your site but I had no issues when I put the theme on one of my test sites. The mobile menu worked as intended (with the three little lines.)

I would try clearing my browser cached and the cache on your website (if you have a caching plugin.) If it still doesn't show up, I would suggest looking at other themes or completely uninstalling Stout and reinstalling it. If all that doesn't work, you may need to hire a dev to help you out. 

Honestly, without digging under the hood of your website, this one is a bit tough to figure out.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks very much I will try those suggestions, fingers crossed it works. 

Solution

Just to update, Tried the Caching and uninstalling/reinstalling...no joy.

Bit sad as I liked this theme!

Thanks again

Super User III
Super User III

You're more than welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

A lot of times, issues with WordPress have to be corrected hands-on as they can be a bit weird.