cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Unable to install premium wordpress theme nor move it from local server

I went through all possible solutions I found in the internet including renaming htaccess file and increasing memory limit. I still endlessly recieve Internal server error.

I purchased Economy Windows Hosting with Plesk and tried to move my website (with premium wordpress theme) from local server using Duplicator and received Internal Server Error. I tried to move using FTP - the same result. Ended up trying to install wordpress and clean theme - nothing. Theme itself is not extremely heavy - only 12 mb without plugins. I don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions? Or I have to try my luck in refund?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Unable to install premium wordpress theme nor move it from local server

@stro

Without knowing how your site is setup it could be a number of things cause those errors.  😉  It may not be memory as you are assuming. 

Could it be a path issue between where the files are stored locally compared to where you're migrating to on the server?

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

"Could it be a path issue between where the files are stored locally compared to where you're migrating to on the server?"

Doubt so. I tried to install wordpress and theme I bought. Wordpress works fine until I activate this theme after which I recieve Internal server error.

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@stro

If WordPress works fine until you active the theme -- the theme is clearly causing a conflict.   Did you contact the theme developer and explain the situation to them?  They know their code best and would know if there are any bugs and/or conflicts with other plugins you may have in place.

To troubleshoot further...

=> Is your theme tested up to 4.8.1?

=> Does the theme do the same with all plugins deactivated?  That would confirm it is the theme as well. 

=> Did you try activating the most recent WordPress theme Twenty Seventeen?  If you do and everything goes smoothly there -- again, that points to your theme.

HTH 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt