cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Login after malware attack

Hi,

Today I received mail from gmail to check for some links. After checking them I came to know that some links are redirecting from my domain to some other dating website. So I logged in from cpanel and deleted responsible folders for the redirect. Secondly I changed the cpanel password too. But now I cannot login into my own wordpress site. I tried to change password through phpmyadmin but there also I couldn't login. So finally I called godaddy customer support, and after calling at least 10 times, call didn't connect to them. (reason: recorded voice said authentication failed). Can anyone tell me here how to take charge of your own wordpress site? How to login into it?

5 REPLIES 5
New

Re: WordPress Login after malware attack

try accessing you wp-includes/functions.php from ftp adding this on the 2nd line

wp_set_password('yourpassword','adminusername');

then try logging into http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-admin

Unfortunately when I try to reach that file through cpanel of Godaddy, it is continuously showing me the message that "your session has expired" and bringing me again to home page of cpanel. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @manyapsycho,

please read @garyb suggestion carefully! Valid attempt!!

Hi,

After doing that it is throwing me following error. 

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myfolder/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php:1) in /home/myfolder/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @manyapsycho,

what's your domain? Incidentally the 'headers already sent' is a coding error. Have you recently installed a new plugin in ? Or changed anything?