cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the fastcgi process exceeded configured activity timeout

Hi All,

I am getting below error while I am trying to install any plugin on my wordpress installation.

Can you help me understand how can I increase the timeout limit to avoid this error.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP54\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
Most likely causes:
  • IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
  • IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
  • IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
  • The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
  • The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.
Things you can try:
  • Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.
  • Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.
  • Verify the permissions for the DLL.
  • Install the .NET Extensibility feature if the request is mapped to a managed handler.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
Detailed Error Information:
Module Notification Handler Error Code
   FastCgiModule
   ExecuteRequestHandler
   PHP-php
   0x80070102
Requested URL Physical Path Logon Method Logon User
   http://develop.esabeel.com:80/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=woocommerce&_wpnonce=...
   G:\PleskVhosts\finestfix.com\develop.esabeel.com\wp-admin\update.php
   Anonymous
   Anonymous

More Information:This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.

View more information »

Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

1 REPLY 1
Employee
Employee

Re: the fastcgi process exceeded configured activity timeout

Hello @AzeemQaiser!

Thank you for posting. I was able to find this page about the issue you're having. Give the suggestions there a try. If you're still having trouble after that, reach out to our support team to troubleshoot. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support