• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel with NodeJS

I already have a NodeJS - Express - mLab (MongoDB) app deployed on free Heroku, I want to delete it there and come to deploy it here. It was easy but that's not the point here.

Now, can I deploy it here without changing the website code (the structure is what I mean, surely I will add somethings to fix it to GoDaddy).

• I have a Windows machine.  (I will install the new Windows 10 extension that allows me to use Ubuntu shell )
    • Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel - $53.88 . (is this the right one?)
    • connect it to mlab
    • add my SSL (I already have one)
    • without changing the app (<? xxxxxxxxxx?> , something like this).
    • ( how-to-set-up-a-node-js-application-for-production-on-ubuntu-14-04 ) is this the right tutorial to follow

Please help me out here. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel with NodeJS

Hi @yousef__96. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

I wouldn't be able to speak to whether or not you would be able to deploy without changing your script. However, I can let you know that our Shared Hosting plans like the one you mentioned do not currently support NodeJS. For that (and possibly other reasons) you'd probably want to go with a VPS or Dedicated Server instead. I've moved your post to the board discussing those platforms to hopefully get you connected with someone who can answer the rest of your question. Hope you're able to figure this out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.