• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    Helper II

How do I set up a LAMP stack?

The LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) is a common environment for developing websites, especially with popular CMS installs like WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal. How do I set it up in GoDaddy Cloud?

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Helper VI Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: How do I set up a LAMP stack?

Hi there,

Not trying to be sarcastic here but I usually just go to google search for this.

Here is what I found: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-on...

I usually seach for "how to install LAMP on <add your OS here>" eg - how to install lamp on CentOS 5.5

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We love that you guys are posting questions like this in our Community. We want content like this to be searchable here instead of having to go through Google to find the info. Thanks to @admac for asking the questions and to you, @JHasselbring for answering. Keep up the great work!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

You can use the Bitnami image on setup, or use a few simple commands:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install tasksel

sudo tasksel

Then select LAMP and let the install run. you'll be asked for several passwords, including mysql

You code more, you live long time
    Highlighted
    Former Employee

The way you set up a LAMP stack can differ depending on what Linux distro you're running.

I put together a bunch of guides for this for our Cloud servers, but they'll also work with any bare self-managed server that runs that Distro. However, I wouldn't run one of these guides on a server that already comes deployed with a LAMP stack, such as a cPanel/WHM server:

List of LAMP stack guides

You can pick the right guide for the Linux distro you are using.

And hey - I'm always looking to improve this content, so if you see something here that is off - let me know! Happy to fix.

Chris Dean
    Technical Writer and Hosting and Server Guru
    GoDaddy Help