• Welcome and Announcements
  • Welcome and Announcements

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Professional Tradesmen

Learn what may be needed from actual licensed tradesmen.
    6 REPLIES 6
    Helper III
    Solution

Re: Professional Tradesmen

Tell us more, please oh @DivineWizard !!!  We'd love to hear more. I too, am in the sector (interior design and construction). There are many things changing in our industry and many things folks should know. Post some more so we can all talk.

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)

When looking for a person or even a large company to do any Plumbing, Electrical or Mechanical (Heating & Air) always check your local Department of Professional Occupational Regulations for a valid license. Myself I have been a Master Plumber for over 30 years. Your larger companies normally only have 1 person that carries a license and the rest are just people they hire to put into a truck. I built an entire business going behind individuals like this. Handyman are normally the worst! They are cheap but lack the knowledge a licensed professional will have.
    Helper III

Absolutely!  Here's a saying I always tell my clients--especially when talking price:

QUALITY labor isn't cheap, and CHEAP labor isn't Quality.

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)

I have worked for 40 years with the trade and resources to build from the ground up. I loved the location process, every trade needed and my crew I brought from job to job were a pleasant part of my career.

I have relied on suggested tradesmen or women, as construction manager, I also used the old time ways of yellow pages for optional needed bids. I have the use today of resources that are like family. When we lose one to heaven, they are missed for the expert and very close friend we had become. I liked to dive into the hands-on process from painting to upholstery and I have for many, many years. If that is interesting?

I have found many rely on just the same resource or going through another to get to the quality. When I get the direct lead, meet and begin to work together is when the designs come alive and people are so happy. That's the benefits I have loved, long time friends you leave behind the work but remain friends for life with some.