cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Access to a PHP file in Plesk?

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the web and couldn't find an answer.

Ok, first of all, I'm new to webhosting and this might be a stupid question, sorry in advance.

I purchased a Windows Web Hosting because I need an online MySQL database. I know there might be better options but in the near future I'll need a website so I thought this should cover both things.

I need to access that database using .php scripts. This are called from a C# script in a Unity3D Android project.

Until now I had a similar web hosting service in which I simply stored my .php files in a folder inside public_html and accessed them through the web like so:

www.mydomain.com/myfolder/dosomething.php

I created a folder inside my httdocs directory in Plesk (I don't fully understand what plesk is Smiley Tongue) and when I try to access my scripts it throws me this error: 

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Could you please point me in the right direction? I'm starting to fear I ordered the wrong service from GoDaddy D:

Thanks and sorry for my awful english Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Access to a PHP file in Plesk?

I recommend you using a Linux Plan if you want to code php and mysql database.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Harry, thanks a lot!

Is it possible to change a plan from Windows to Linux, or do I have to buy another one?

I really hope it's possible since I'm not in a position where I can invest more money =(.

If it is, setting up a MySQL database on a Linux host is as easy as it is in Windows? 

Sorry for the googleable questions, I'm at work and can't investigate here.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Helper V
Helper V
Solution

Within 30 days of purchase you can ask for refund of complete money and go for the linux plan. If you need more help then please DM me.

If you feel this is a solution then give it "Accepted As Solution"

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Harry, thanks a lot! You're very kind.

Helper V
Helper V

You're welcome ..... Ask me anything in future if required

i can not access .php file or images and also videos ...

when i can find  then 404 object not found error generated