cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

CPanel username

The randomly chosen cPanel username is causing a problem for me when I try to upload a database. It says the @myextremelylongusername doesn't have the necessary privileges. How do I correct this? Please and thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: CPanel username

@MinnieM 

How are you trying to upload the database - the error message you describe sounds like a MySQL permissions issue and that you don't have a database / user configured yet

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III Thanks for your quick response.

I had set up a database name and user via MySQL, but when I attempted the upload it said that the user didn't have the needed permissions. The user mentioned in the error message is the cPanel user name, not the user I set up for the database.

Am sure I'm missing some small mistake I'm making. Any help would be appreciated.
Super User III
Super User III

@MinnieM 

In cPanel under the MySQL section there is the ability to assign the user to the database and then assign all the permissions - that should get you going

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks again for a quick reply. I will try this when I login today.

Tried from several different name angles. Still no luck. No doubt it's me and my very small knowledge base. Appreciated you trying to help. 

Super User III
Super User III

@MinnieM 

Can you send a screen capture of the MySQL settings from cPanel??

Thank you for your continued help, but I have pretty much given up on getting this to work.

I tried to update WP (having not been advised that Linux hosting didn't support the needed php), so I may have corrupted the php.

I created a database using my cPanel username as the password. Below is the message I received. The referenced user is not my cPanel username.

Pls don't feel you need to send a response. As I wrote, I'm going to move on to something else and later when I have the time, come back and try to figure this out, or a workaround. 

I do appreciate your repeated attempts to help me. I am sure that it is my lack of knowledge that is the problem.  Have a good day. M

GoDA 09122019.jpg

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@MinnieM 

Please feel free to reach back out - I normally recommend to do the database setup in cPanel and not phpMyAdmin - also not sure what you clicked on in phpMyAdmin to generate that screen.

If you goto cPanel -> Databases -> MySQL Databases - this is where you should be able to see this

If you need further help please check back