cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Follow up on unsolved situation with closed website

This case needs Einstein to understand it.

Maya <mfkresources@gmail.com>
1:05 PM (35 minutes ago)

to godaddysoft.prod|624b0f2f|c422a454-b272-4840-84a4-e0dc91c68926

What would you say to this one?
Do you think GoDaddy has its data in order, sending to the same person with the same website all that? See below...And at the same time shutting off websites with a note: suspended, which is causing serious damage to reputation of an honest and really dedicated website?
And regardless that renewal payment was active via credit card, the bill came (the one in question) to my bank account, directly as a charge, which was automatically paid and I stopped it (strangely, just by mistake) but now I am happy that I did it. This is where it all started by my mistake, for which, I must repeat I am thankful it happened, otherwise this action, by seeing all that mess, my website might not have to be activated with my payment anyway!!!
I received tons of emails (some see below, some couldn't be copied, or just part of it...most likely GoDaddy's rules in action) 
After another sleepless night now I understand what really happened, but I am absolutely powerless to fix it. 
THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING FOR REAL TECHIE BRAINS, WHO MIGHT ENJOY SUCH, BUT FOR ME THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE AND EXHAUSTION AND LOSS OF TRUST.

So here is what happened:
AS I mentioned, I started this mayagalaxy.com website, after some years not being active (due to loss of my husband). Before, in 2009 I started my first ever, EXTREMELY (to my surprise) successful web. mayakas.com
It was time I discovered how easy it was for me to write and shortly my site was so rich with content, then I was actually forced to create other sites with particular content, not making readers confused. So, I created separate websites on health/beauty/thoughts/politics/economics...you name it...
all is today perhaps saved as a proof of definitely a thousand plus articles, now to be found only in archives. Here I found one in webarchive.

Well, here you go:

Below, copied in random order, but portion of what I received...what would You Do? Nobody responds, emails not accepted, long distance calls from overseas to the USA I cannot afford (killing cost) well??
Usually people love sharing fun, success, various easy correspondence, but..."wait a minute...a problem? "See You..."
I do not consider such an approach neither friendly, nor helpful, nor positive...but very disappointing, even dishonest.
I must show this to you:
Some copies I found are impossible to make, but those emails are what I received: still some data is from the USA (Arizona) and another from Europe.
I HAVE ONLY ONE WEBSITE, kind of personally oriented, I do not make any money on it, just have it to make myself happier, because I am a widow, living alone...

Finally, this morning after reviewing all this mess, all is basically clear to me, just one thing not, because that one seems strange and suspicious.
1. Due to my moving from the USA to Europe, GoDaddy company, being involved in (I don't know the exact expression for this one) in matters of both continents, somehow made out of my case 2 accounts. One in the US, another in the UK. 
Now, I provided data for my USA credit card with which I definitely paid first year and that was saved on as automatic payment for the following year.
Now, suddenly I was charged directly by GoDaddy in my USA bank, (where this mistake happened) I was trying really to solve this one, my friend helping me from the US (to save with extreme bill for phone= they allowed only phone contact) and finally, at the moment I wanted to post payment (which, BTW was increased by $50 for delay) that was yesterday evening for me (USA 8-12 hours behind) I got (you can see copy below, billing cancellation from my credit card for different amount. So, here GoDaddy used my renewal data, which
Of course I cancelled, I cannot pay the same thing twice.
On the other side, I am happy I didn't pay anything yet, because I don't know which side put that stop on my website and still holding it under suspension. Time goes on and exactly that could cause loss of my website.
TRUST ME, I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTED, CANNOT EAT, SLEEP, JUST NERVES ARE ACTING. I AM SO TIRED THAT ALSO MY RIGHT EYE CAUSING ME SOME TWITTING, MY EYES ARE RED, PAINFUL...

IS THERE A SOUL TO HELP ME?
You see, how very bad it is not to be able to reach a proper place to solve it? Everywhere I end with offers for even my own website name to purchase as already available?

YOU CREATED GODADDY GROUP FOR ENJOYMENT, FOR PRAISING EACH OTHERS SITES, ADVISING...BUT WHERE I SHOULD TURN?

If I lose my website, I would gather my best writing ability and start articles on this subject all over the country. I shall not leave it this way. There are other hosting companies and those as I learned compete all the time for new customers, but the main point is to treat them right and help with problems, especially of serious nature and also they should treat their customers to help.
On my website, as I mentioned is life. Since communism to capitalism, from hardship to success. At the end of this, what are you going to do? I would do what I would wish others would do. HELP!
You should have direct contact on GoDaddy, you are it's propagators...
Thank you!
Maya
fighter for mayagalaxy.com

Just a Few examples of my mail:
My tired friend from Ft. Collins spent her time calling them, explaining, begging on my behalf. We have mile long correspondence, where I am explaining details to her, because she is not involved with any website, or such...also she is in high age and many things she doesn't understand.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @MayaKas. Thanks for posting. Based on what you've said, here are a few things that I think will help you:

• The domain mayakas.com is not currently registered or hosted with GoDaddy. The registration still seems active. The DNS for this domain shows that it was previously pointed at the IP 208.91.197.46 (Confluence Networks Inc). I would follow up with your domain registrar (which I think might be cnobin.com) and see if you can point the domain back to where it was before. That MAY get your content for that site back, but I have no way of knowing for sure. 
  • For mayagalaxy.com, this domain is registered and hosted with GoDaddy. If you disputed the charges for your hosting renewal, you will need to get in touch with our care team to get the account up and running again. You will need to pay:
    • The renewal price that was disputed
    • A chargeback fee ($50 for credit card reversals). 

I hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@MayaKas 

I am an end user like you so I can't resolve account specific issues, but I'm trying to get a better understanding what has happened.  If you could look over the questions / points below and confirm/answer them

1) I see your domain name mayagalaxy.com currently expires in June of 2021 - I'm assuming that the domain renewed correctly and is in your account

2) It appears that your site is on a GoDaddy cPanel account  - Is this cPanel server in your account??? - Also is the server current or did it recently expire?

3) Currently if you go to the site it says site suspended - In my experience this is due to some sort of policy violation

4) GoDaddy has 24/7 chat - https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us that should be able to tell you why it was suspended. Also if your friend in the US had your customer number / pin they should have been able to get the answer as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @MayaKas. Thanks for posting. Based on what you've said, here are a few things that I think will help you:

• The domain mayakas.com is not currently registered or hosted with GoDaddy. The registration still seems active. The DNS for this domain shows that it was previously pointed at the IP 208.91.197.46 (Confluence Networks Inc). I would follow up with your domain registrar (which I think might be cnobin.com) and see if you can point the domain back to where it was before. That MAY get your content for that site back, but I have no way of knowing for sure. 
  • For mayagalaxy.com, this domain is registered and hosted with GoDaddy. If you disputed the charges for your hosting renewal, you will need to get in touch with our care team to get the account up and running again. You will need to pay:
    • The renewal price that was disputed
    • A chargeback fee ($50 for credit card reversals). 

I hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post