cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company

After spending over 4 days and at least 4 hours with tech support messaging and 8 hours of my own time I am forced to move my account to someone else.  I am using EverWeb Web Site Program to create my web site and it works fine.  However when I made a customer "Contact From" and tried to get it to email to my account, it just won't work.  I have spent hours with both GoDaddy & EverWeb and have come to the conclusion the problem is with GoDaddy.  None of the tech support people have a clue as to what I am doing or the problem and blame it on third party plug ins.  I believe its a simple blockage on GoDaddys side or we have never gotten the settings correct and I mean I have tried at least 30 different times and not one of my emails have ever gone through.  I give up and am very disappointed with GoDaddys tech support.  I am forced to move elsewhere to resolve this simple issue.

17 REPLIES 17
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company

@LaserWorks 

I'm sorry you've had issues with getting this setup. I had to look up EverWeb as I had never heard of it. I am making an assumption that you are using a cPanel server and that your email is hosted elsewhere....

The first thing I would check is in the mail routing settings in cPanel to make sure they are set to remote - often this is set to Automatic / Local and if your mail is hosted else where, then it will fail.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company/?isc=gdcommment

Typical of my experience with GoDaddy. I appreciate your reply but you can’t even figure out everything is with you ! It says LaserWorks right in my post !
All my emails using Office365 are with YOU. My hosting is with YOU and your company can’t even figure out after me sending pictures of my settings to you at least 5 times and hours with tech support, how to help me ???

I’m in your system under -

LaserWorks.biz
support@laserworks.biz

I just can’t help but be disappointed your company would not go to bat for me and help me figure this out, forcing me to move to another company

FYI - EverWeb makes the web site development software I am using to build my web sites. Its Apple based

Geno Bartley
genobartley@gmail.com
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company/?isc=gdcommment

@LaserWorks

Thank you for the additional information. With all due respect I am an end-user just like you are (not a GoDaddy employee) and do not have any information about your account. While I see you have selected a username for the community that matches to your company not everybody does that, hence the reason for my questions.

Based on the Google search that I did I was able to see that this is a Mac product.

Given that you were using office 365, the first thing that I would check is in the cPanel account there is a section about mail routing. By default this is set to automatic and typically detects the mail routing as local routing.

Given that your mail is on office 365 this setting needs to be set to remote.

This way when mail is sent to your domain from the server it goes out to the Internet versus looking for the mail accounts on the server itself.

If you could check on the setting and report back if it does not solve the problem I will see what other options I can suggest to you.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Re: Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

I didn’t realize you were a third party. Thanks for you help but my email works fine and always has., I made a “Contact Form” on my web page that a customer can fill in the fields and hit send. It has my email settings in the program and is supposed to deliver the contact form via my email. I never could get it to send anything. I do have cPanel hosting and Office365 for my email. I have gone into both tech support web pages and tried everything known to man kind and have worked with GoDaddy tech support for day on end with no help. They just gave up blaming the problem on a 3rd party plug in (the EverWeb Contact Form Widget they are called in Apple land)

I’m done. I have uploaded at least 25 times to my web site settings I have come up with AND what GoDaddy has come up with but not one email has ever worked yet.

Just for your information here is ONE of the many pictures I have sent to GoDaddy for them to look at and help me with

Geno Bartley
genobartley@gmail.com
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forced to transfer my GoDaddy Web Hosting to another company/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

@LaserWorks 

There was no picture attached... but just to confirm... You went to email routing and made sure the domain was set to remote as shown below.

Your email on Office 365 could be working fine and this really has nothing to do with Office 365 but rather how the cPanel is configured to deal with mail. I was helping another user with WordPress who had this same issue - and support was saying it was the application issue.

You may have already started the process of moving your site..... if not....

I see from this page you can setup the forms to use SMTP / Gmail - If you can send me a screen capture of what you have setup - I can give my 2 cents.

https://billing.ragesw.com/index.php/knowledgebase/245/How-can-I-use-my-own-SMTP-settings-with-EverW...

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.17.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.17.57 PM.png

I wish I had you earlier in the process.  End of a long day for me, I haven't started to transfer yet, was going to do that in the morning.  I'll try this first thing in the morning, thanks.

I guess the filters didn't allow my picture to go through. I will try here again 

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 9.17.42 AM.png

Super User III
Super User III

@LaserWorks 

Ok - So your mail settings look good - The issue / root cause of what you are running into is GoDaddy's restrictions on SMTP via cPanel servers.

For security purposes (and to prevent people from using their servers to spam) all outbound mail from the servers need to pass through the GoDaddy SMTP relays - the only way to bypass this to use something with an API connection.

That being said... If you go to your cPanel dashboard -> Email -> Email Accounts 

You should see an account which is the "default" account.

"The default email account catches unrouted mail. The default account’s username and password are the same as your cPanel account’s login. The default account can’t be deleted and has no quota."

If you then click connect devices and scroll down it has the SMTP information. Once you change your SMTP information to use that, your forms should get delivered as you are expecting them to

You know, it just never ends ....  I have been trying for over an hour to get access to your suggestions in the last email.  I here at this window below

First Selection.png

 And when I try to select Manage or Manage all here is what I get below

2nd Window.png

 I just can't believe how difficult GoDaddy makes things ????  I just can't win in this **bleep** battle ....

Super User III
Super User III

@LaserWorks 

Here is what I found regarding that error - https://macreports.com/safari-kcferrordomaincfnetwork-error-blank-page-fix/

Apparently it happens across many websites

The good thing about having problems like this is you learn a lot about what your working on, I have picked up on a lot of things working with you.  With that said I cleared my preferences files like you said and the page worked.  I then went to the cPanel log in and this is what came up  I don't see anything like you described in your email here except below this screen there is a office 365 log in (I do have my email on office 365).  YOU said - 

"If you go to your cPanel dashboard -> Email -> Email Accounts 

You should see an account which is the "default" account.

"The default email account catches unrouted mail."

I can't find any of this ?Suggestions on where to go next ?

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 12.06.35 PM.png

Super User III
Super User III

@LaserWorks 

You are on what I refer to as the GoDaddy Hosting Dashboard - Please click on the black cpanel admin button to get into cpanel itself.

You may have to come back to this screen to change the main password (where it has password on the right hand side in your screen shot)

Ok I made the settings per your suggestion and tested.  I have waited about 10 min and nothing has come through. I heard it sometimes takes awhile to get through the system ?   First below is the recommend settings in my cPanel Mail Client.  Second is my Contact Form Settings (is the smtp in the SERVER needed first, I think so ?).  What you think ?  Nothing came through yet...

Mail Client Settings.png

EverWeb Contact Form Settings

cPanel Setup.png

I also tried the Non-SSL settings and sent that out as well.  Nothing has come into my email yet ?

Non-SSL Settings.png

  Contact Form Settings

Non-SSL Contact Form settings.png

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@LaserWorks 

Good News is you are getting closer.... 

1) Please use a2plcpnl0424.prod.iad2.secureserver.net  (the Secure Server Settings) with port 465

2) the username - I would first try _mainaccount@laserworks.biz  If that doesn't work I would do what ever the user name is that is show next to default (above the settings) 

3) the password is what is on the hosting dashboard screen you sent me earlier

You can test to make sure you have the correct user / password here https://a2plcpnl0424.prod.iad2.secureserver.net:2096/

Once you use that combo it "should" send correctly

Here we go again ?

a2plcpnl0424.prod.iad2.secureserver.net  (the Secure Server Settings)

port 465

2) username -  _mainaccount@laserworks.biz  & support@laserworks.biz  (tried them both)

3) the password is what is on the hosting dashboard screen you sent me earlier -

* I use the same password on everything cPanel and email accounts, (I put this in)

You can test to make sure you have the correct user / password here https://a2plcpnl0424.prod.iad2.secureserver.net:2096/

LOGIN FAILED - On everything ??? - support@laserworks.biz - _mainaccount@laserworks.biz

Used the same password I have been using all day and every time it failed to log in ?  What could be doing this now ?

Login Failed.png

cPanel info - I tried using he yp number below as a password also in the Web Mail, don't work

cPanel.png

Update - After I transferred my account to EverWeb I now have a working "Contact Form" using just my email address.  Thanks to you ALL for your help on trying to resolve this issue !  I appreciated it !

Geno B-