cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Issue with site

My site vrc.co.in hosted on GD is down a couple of times in last week without any reason and back to normal after say 20 to 30 minutes. When I chatted with GD support, it says the server log does not show any such instances and no issues reported. but request to provide a clear reply or reason was not provided by GD support. It seems they are trying to defend their side and coverup an issue. Today also it reported at 09:38 Hours IST and back to normal by around 9:53 Hours IST. I have hosted WP with hoot theme. Any suggestions on this issue so that I can correct it. I am thinking of moving the site to another Host since GD is not providing a clear resolution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mz1234 

While I do not have first hand knowledge as to what  support (phone/chat) have access to in regards to logs. Based on my interactions with support, that is not something that the support reps have access to. 

They may be able to get some additional information from a tier 2 support (tech lead) but again with the shared servers, other than the system administrators I'm not sure who else has access to that level of log details. 

Additionally most CentOS / cPanel logs don't give reasons that specific.

If you need / want that level of details / access it would be advisable to look into a VPS server where you have control over the server and can look at load averages set up firewalls and get very granular details

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@mz1234 

I am a GoDaddy end user like you.

1) When you say it is down - are you getting an error message - are you monitoring it with a utility?? How specifically is it down?

2) What reply / reason are you expecting from GoDaddy? - A website can have issues being accessed which have nothing to do with the host

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I am not a techie to understand the jargons the experts provide. But have logical thinking on the issue. I sure know the host is not always responsible for issues with the site. But host should provide information on what went wrong so that users can rectify and make sure the error is not repeated.

I asked two questions with GD

1) Was the site down during the specific time period when I myself checked and found the site was not responding and no message was displayed. 

Ans from GD was no. Agent says no such instances seen

2) What was the log report says as the reason for the site non responsive and what was the trigger to make the site back after about 30 minutes

Ans from GD: Due to caches and cookies you will get that error sir. Checked with my tech team not able to see any issue or error from server end as well as on site

GD agent was not able to answer to these two questions

@mz1234 

While I do not have first hand knowledge as to what  support (phone/chat) have access to in regards to logs. Based on my interactions with support, that is not something that the support reps have access to. 

They may be able to get some additional information from a tier 2 support (tech lead) but again with the shared servers, other than the system administrators I'm not sure who else has access to that level of log details. 

Additionally most CentOS / cPanel logs don't give reasons that specific.

If you need / want that level of details / access it would be advisable to look into a VPS server where you have control over the server and can look at load averages set up firewalls and get very granular details

View solution in original post