cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server response time slow since switching to GoDaddy

Hi there, we run a small online business and recently switched our hosting provider to GoDaddy and noticed after setting everything up, that the server response times take A LOT longer.

I ran a scan using GTmetrix and noticed a difference of 9 seconds between my old hosting and GoDaddy business hosting, despite having the same content. I've already paid so much and now have to deal with this. Hoping someone can look into this.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@noel_parts 

What is your domain name?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi there, it is tvparts.ca

I just pinged my website today and the response time is now hovering between 140ms to 220ms. This is ridiculous. 

Hi there @noel_parts! I think I can help you. If you want to migrate your site to GoDaddy, you can use their cPanel's backup features as it will allow you to move your website, the email accounts, and its databases, you have set up on cPanel. I faced the same issue with my site but now it got resolved.