cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading HTML file through CPanel

Hello,

I just got my domain and hosting services from Godaddy. I uploaded a single file called "index.html" that only contains basic html code like headings into File manager -> web root -> public_html folder. However when I checked back to my website, it hasn't been updated yet and it still has the sentence "Future home of something cool". I was wondering if I did something wrong or what I should do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Uploading HTML file through CPanel

I realized that it works if I typed "domain.com/index.html". but how do i make sure that if someone typed only "domain.com" it goes to index.html?

Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @darkdra771

Verify if beside the index.html file you have upload, there is another *.html file like default.html or default.htm or something like that.

Rename that file by adding OLD- in front of it (OLD-default.html) and check to see if your site is working.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

In my public_html folder, there are only the cgi-bin folder, CSS folder and index.html. I have deleted the home.html and the default .css file.