So I have the following addon domain
there is no redirect on this domain
it's supposed to be getting served up from the following document root on my cPanel hosting account
This folder is not empty, it has a wordpress instance in there. There is a very basic .htaccess file in there with no redirects.
But when I browse to it, I get the default "Future home of something quite cool" cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi response.
I haven't modified the DNS zone. It looks like this
Type Name Value TTL Actions a @ 22.214.171.124 10800 seconds Edit a admin 126.96.36.199 10800 seconds Edit a mail 188.8.131.52 10800 seconds Edit cname cpanel @ 10800 seconds Edit cname webdisk @ 10800 seconds Edit cname webdisk.admin @ 10800 seconds Edit cname whm @ 10800 seconds Edit cname www @ 10800 seconds Edit cname www.admin @ 10800 seconds Edit cname _domainconnect _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour Edit ns @ ns33.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour ns @ ns34.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour soa @ Primary nameserver: ns33.domaincontrol.com. 1 Hour
The A record is pointing to the same IP address that is on my MANAGE page for this domain.
I checked the file permissions. All directories are 755 and files are 644
Can anyone please tell me why the webserver is not responding with what's in my document root.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @tezza1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'd suggest removing the domain and then adding it as an addon again. Sometimes when a domain gets added, it's not properly assigned to the hosting account on the backend and that can lead to problems. If doing that doesn't help, then I'd suggest getting in touch with our hosting support team so they can make sure there are no permissions issues with the account.
Excellent suggestion. However, I already did that just before posting. The DNS entries listed in mu OP were a result of me deleting and re-adding the domain name.
I ended up ringing tech support and they were very helpful. We determined that the redirect was occurring due to entries in the wordpress mysql database and it's "functionality" of forcing a redirect based on absolute URLs.
So for now, this issue is solved. I might just delete this thread.