cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cPanel Email Recipient address rejected

I'm getting the following message when sending e-mail to cPanel email accounts:

"Message Not Delivered

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.4.1 [max.dodge@stopthebleedmonth.org]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [BL2NAM02FT045.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]"

I have managed my MX records:

A @ <kept the IP address>

A mail <kept the IP address>

CNAME www @

MX @ <changed to "mail.stopthebleedmonth.org">

I have also changed delivery to local.

What else should I try?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cPanel Email Recipient address rejected

Hi @MaxDodge. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Try changing the SPF record for your domain to this: v=spf1 include:secureserver.net –all. The way it's set up now, it tells the receiving email server that it should reject any messages that aren't sent from Office 365. However, if you change the record to what is above, that should include both our hosting servers and the Outlook servers. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW, thanks for the reply. I made the change in MX Records to "secureserver.net". It seems to have solved the problem of receiving a "Message Rejected" error. However, e-mail from external sources still isn't showing up in the account inboxes when checked through the webmail access, or when fetched through POP.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaxDodge. Based on your current DNS records, it looks like you're using cPanel email. One thing you may need to check is your MX Entry settings. You can do this by accessing the cPanel dashboard and clicking the MX Entry button under Email. From there, you'll want to make sure that email for your domain is set to deliver "locally". The remote option will look to deliver mail outside of cPanel. If that doesn't help, then you may want to connect with our customer care team so they can look at what's happening with mail delivery. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi!

I have the same issue that @MaxDodge had. I however, can't open your "changing the spf record" link, (the https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-an-spf-record-19219) to make the suggested change.

Thanks!

- Willem

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jobkillerza. It seems like there may have been a temporary issue with access to our help center yesterday. Please try the link again. Feel free to follow up if you're still having trouble. Keep in mind you may need to clear your browser cache