cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

can't access main domain after changing subdomain PHP version

Hello,

I have cretaed a subdomain and changed it's and the main and subdomain were working fine after changing ssubdomain PHP version from 5.6 to 7.4. when trayng to access the main domain giving me a HTTP ERROR 500 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@mohamedAtta 

For how cPanel works - Unless you have a VPS and a separate cPanel account for the subdomain, all domains in the "account" use the same PHP version

That said - There should be an error log in the root of the site that says what is causing the 500 error

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@mohamedAtta 

For how cPanel works - Unless you have a VPS and a separate cPanel account for the subdomain, all domains in the "account" use the same PHP version

That said - There should be an error log in the root of the site that says what is causing the 500 error

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post