About .kr domains
KRNIC is the sponsor and INames is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .kr extension that represents Korea.
Who can register .kr domains?
Anyone can register a .kr, .co.kr, .ne.kr, and .re.kr domain names but local businesses must enter a local Korean business registration (certificate) number. Non-local individuals and businesses must leverage a free trustee service to bypass eligibility requirements.
- .kr - Intended for Korean businesses or individuals.
- .co.kr - Intended for commercial entities.
- .ne.kr - Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers.
- .re.kr - Intended for research.
When registering a .kr domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported (Korean)
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- We'll attempt to auto-renew your .kr domain on its expiration date. We'll park .kr domain names after the first failed billing attempt. If the domain isn't renewed within 30 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To change the Korean contact information, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help. All other contact information can be changed through the Domain Manager in your account.
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Want to register a .kr domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .co.kr domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .ne.kr domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .re.kr domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .kr domain.