About price adjustments with Checkout Add-ons
When configuring checkout add-ons in WooCommerce, you can associate fees and discounts with any add-on type being created. These pricing options can be configured in either fixed amounts or percentages, allowing you to tailor the checkout experience as you see fit.
Required: WooCommerce Checkout Add-Ons is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores, or as a standalone purchase.
Price adjustment options
- Fixed amount adjustment: The price adjustment will be determine based on your positive or negative entry. Setting a positive value will charge customers for the amount set, whereas negative values will add a discount to the order.
- Percentage-based price adjustment: The price adjustment will be determine by the percentage set and is based on the order subtotal.
Set the price adjustment
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and select Checkout Add-Ons.
- Select the add-on you want to edit to bring up its settings.
- If you're editing a Text, Text Area, or File add-on, refer to the General tab. For all others, refer to the Options tab.
- Set the value of the cost or discount in the Price adjustment field.
- Use the dropdown to the right of the field to set whether it is a fixed amount or percentage.
- Select Update.
Once done, your customers will now see the additional cost or discount associated with their order total when selecting the add-on at checkout.
- Learn more about how to create a checkout add-on
- Check out our guide about checkout add-on types