About .vg domains
NIC.VG is the sponsor and KeySystems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .vg extensions that represents The British Virgin Islands.
Who can register .vg domains?
Important Note: Effective June 24, 2021, GoDaddy is no longer accepting registrations or incoming transfers for the .vg extentions. If you already owned a .vg domain with GoDaddy prior to June 24, 2021, you can continue to renew your existing .vg domain name.
When registering a .vg domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: Not supported
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .vg domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .vg domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Please contact our GoDaddy Guides to request the authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When you move a .vg domain to another account you cannot change the registrant's first name, last name, or organization. Please choose the "do not change" option for the contact information during the process.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- For changes to the registrant information on your .vg domain name, please contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Changes to all other domain name contacts can be made through the Domain Manager.
- Must use: 1-10 Authoritive Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .vg domain names, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .vg domain.