Accept a domain name account change
Once a domain account change begins, you'll receive an email from GoDaddy explaining the next steps to continue the process.
- Open the email you received with the subject line You have pending changes to your domain account. Can't find the email? The original domain owner can resend the email.
- Select the Activate Now button.
- Log in to the GoDaddy account where the domain is moving to. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Yes, Accept This Transfer to begin the review process. If you don't want to continue, select No, I Don't Want To Accept This Transfer.
- Apply the same contact information to all contact types (Registrant, Administrative, Technical and Billing) by checking the box next to Use for all contact types. Or, keep the box unchecked to have different info for all contact types.
- Review or update the contact information for the domain name as needed.
- Check the box next to I certify that I am either the individual named above or authorized to act on their behalf.
- Select Next. If the Next button is not available, review and ensure all contact details are accurate and valid.
- Check the box to confirm you agree to the Change of Registrant terms and select Begin Transfer.
You'll receive a confirmation alert that the domain has been successfully transferred to your account. The domain will be active in your account within a few minutes.
Note: If you made changes to the Registrant Organization, Name or Email Address you'll need to approve the changes before the transfer is complete.