Accessing the Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall Device Manager
From the device manager of your firewall you can control your Cisco firewall.
To Access the Cisco ASA Device Manager
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address] (You might receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as Trusted, you will avoid warnings in the future).
Depending on which Cisco ASDM version you have installed, several options might display. If so, click Run ASDM Applet.
- When prompted, leave the User name blank, and enter the firewall password. Click OK. You will be prompted to login twice.
Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- The following windows will be launched:
- A browser window responsible for a portion of the Device Manager's functionality. This window must remain open.
- An application window containing the Cisco ASA Device Manager. Use this to manage your Cisco firewall.