Accessing the Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Device Manager
Note: To launch the PIX 501 Device Manager your computer must use Java 1.6.0_1. You must disable all other versions of Java on your computer, as well. This version of Java is no longer offered by the developer of Java so if you are not using this version of Java we recommend upgrading to the newer Cisco Firewall the ASA 5505 Firewall. For more information, see Add an External Hardware Firewall
To Access the Cisco PIX 501 Device Manager
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address]/
- You may receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as "Trusted," you will avoid warnings in the future.
- Enter your User name and Password, and then click OK.
Note: Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- The following windows will be launched:
- A browser window responsible for launching the Device Manager. This window may be closed.
- A browser window responsible for a portion of the Device Manager's functionality. This window must remain open.
- An application window containing the Cisco PIX Device Manager. Use this to manage your Cisco firewall.