Add a favicon to my website
A favicon (short for favorites icon) helps your site stand out from the competition by displaying a small image in your site's browser tab. It'll also appear in places like the favorites bar and bookmarks list.
You can add a favicon, without the hassle of coding, using the Websites + Marketing site builder.
Upload a square .PNG, .ICO, .JPG or .JPEG image file. We recommended the dimensions of 180px by 180px for your favicon to appear crisp.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- Select Edit Site.
- In the Settings menu, select Favicon.
- In the Favicon panel, select Upload and navigate to the image you want to use.
Note: Keep the design of your favicon simple — you don't want people squinting.
- Click Done when you're finished, and when you're ready, select Publish Site/Publish.
- Select Visit Site to see the site's favicon in your web browser's tab or navigation bar.