Add addon domains to host multiple websites in Linux Hosting
If you want to host a website for a domain other than your primary domain name, you can use cPanel's Addon domain feature.
Note: Addon Domains are supported for Deluxe and Ultimate Linux Hosting plans. I'm not sure what type of hosting plan I have.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- Complete the following fields:
Field Description New Domain Name The name you want to use for the addon domain. Subdomain Auto-populated with the New Domain Name. You don't need to change this unless the subdomain is already used by another domain name. Document Root The name of a directory to create in the home directory. You'll upload the New Domain Name's files to this directory. Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain Select this checkbox to add an FTP user account. You'll specify an FTP Username and Password. This user can access the Document Root and its subdirectories, but nothing above that level.
- Click Add Domain.
- Now you can upload your website files using cPanel's File Manager.
- If you prefer using FTP, here's how to move your files with FTP and Filezilla.
- For help, see the cPanel documentation for Addon Domains.