Add external contacts to my distribution group
When you need people outside your organization to receive emails, add them as external contacts to a distribution group (also called a distribution list).
Required: Before you get started, make sure you've already created a distribution group and added external contacts to your address book.
- Sign in to the Exchange admin center (EAC). Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
Required: If you aren’t using the new Exchange admin center (EAC), you must access it before continuing. To go to the new EAC, select Try it now in the banner at the top of the page.
- Under Recipients, select Groups.
- Select Distribution list.
- Under Group name, select the name of your distribution group. A window will open on the rightmost side.
- Select Members, and then View all and manage members. You’ll see a list of existing members.
- Select Add members, and then select the user you want to add to the distribution group.
- Select Add. You’ll see a confirmation when your changes are saved.