Our Business and Business Plus plans for Website Builder version 7 let you create a favicon for your website. A favicon (short for favorites icon) helps your site stand out amid the competition by displaying a small image in the web browser's page tab when visitors view your site. Your favicon will also appear in their browser's list of favorite or bookmarked pages.
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- Click Edit Site.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click the three-bar icon (Manage Site) and select Site Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Click the Site Features tab and in the Favicon section, click Add Image. (For more information on which browsers support favicons, see
Website Builder 7 Favicon Supported Browsers.)
- The Choose Photos window lets you choose from a variety of image sources. Click any of the left-hand buttons to navigate to a photo. Or click Browse to use a photo stored on your computer, which you can then upload.
- After choosing a suitable image, click Insert.
- When the Site Features tab reappears, the favicon of your image appears in the Favicon section. Click OK to close the tab.
- Click Publish and the favicon will be added to your site.
The Website Builder favicon feature automatically generates a properly sized square image and drops it into the correct folder on your website. Just remember to use an image with a filename that ends with .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png. It also helps to use a visually simple image that will remain legible even when tiny.
For a linked list of Website Builder's most commonly used tasks, see Using Website Builder 7.