Add my Microsoft 365 email to Mail (Mac)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to Mail. Then you can send and receive business emails from your Mac.
Watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Open Mail. (If this is your first time using Mail, opening the app will start the process.)
- From the menu bar, select Mail > Add Account.
- Select Exchange and Continue.
- Enter your Name and Microsoft 365 Email Address, and select Sign In.
- Select Sign In again to let Microsoft locate your email address and account info.
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled, follow the prompts to set up one of the available options, or verify your account using your existing MFA method. If security defaults are enabled, set up MFA on the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- You'll be redirected to the Microsoft 365 sign-in page. Enter your email Password and select Sign In.
- Select Done. You can come back and edit these settings at any point.
- Your account will display and emails will start to load, which can take a few minutes.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.
If Microsoft can't find your email, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
• Internal URL: outlook.office365.com
• External URL: outlook.office365.com
Note: You might be asked to give permission to Microsoft 365. Select the check box to Consent on behalf of your organization and Accept.