Add my Microsoft 365 email to Outlook (Windows)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to Outlook 2016 (or newer) for Windows PC. Then you can send and receive business emails.
This video is part of the How-To series for setting up email.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Here's how to download it.)
- Select File, and then select + Add Account.
If you haven't opened Outlook before, you'll see a welcome screen.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Email address and select Connect.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Password and select Sign In. If asked, choose if you want to use this account everywhere on your device.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Once Outlook shows that the email was added, select Done.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of Outlook. Microsoft ended support for some versions, including Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 for Windows.
- Troubleshoot common issues for setting up Outlook
- Outlook error: The action cannot be completed