Add or change my multi-factor authentication method
Note: These instructions are for Microsoft 365 accounts. If you're trying to sign in to your GoDaddy account, see this article instead.
Manage how you authenticate your Microsoft 365 email account when signing in. We recommend having at least two sign-in methods in case you lose access to your primary method.
- Go to your Security info page.
- If you don't have a sign-in method set up, select Next. Follow these steps to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- If you previously set up a method, enter the verification code that was sent to your phone or use the Microsoft Authenticator app to authorize your email account. Select Verify.
- If you don't have access to your method and can't sign in, an admin will need to reset your sign-in method.
Add a new sign-in method
- Select Add method.
- From the dropdown list, select which method you'd like to add.
- Authenticator app: Get a notification using the Microsoft Authenticator app when signing in (we recommend this method). You can set up the authenticator app on up to five devices.
- Text messages: Get a text message when signing in.
- Phone calls: Get a call when signing in.
- Security key: Use a security key (like a Yubikey or Google Titan) when signing in.
- Complete the steps for your chosen method and select Done.
Note: The email notification sign-in method is unavailable.
Change your sign-in method
- Next to your Default sign-in method, select Change.
- From the dropdown list, choose your sign-in method. Select Confirm.
Delete a sign-in method
- Select Delete next to the method you'd like to remove.
- Select Ok to confirm.
You can now set up a new sign-in method. If you no longer wish to use it, your email admin can disable MFA.