Add product categories
Help your customers quickly find what they need in your store by creating product categories. You'll need to be on the Online Store plan to do this.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- If you haven't already, you'll want to add products first before setting up product categories.
- Click the three bar menu in the top left side of your screen. Then click Online Store.
- Click Online Store.
- From the Products tab, click Categories.
- On the Categories page, click Add category.
- Enter a Category name, plus an optional Title and Description.
Note: While only the Category name is required, filling in the Title and Description fields helps customers find you through search engines like Google.
For example, if in the Title field you add keywords commonly associated with that category, it increases the likelihood that customers searching with those keywords will find your pages.
Your Description appears in search engine results summarizing your category. A quick-to-scan description of your category's specific features can help grab customers' attention.
- When you're ready to make the changes public, click Save to close the window. The category is added to the Categories page. (To see how it looks to customers, click View Store.)
Note: After creating categories, you can easily change or delete them as needed. You can also rearrange categories and make a category a subcategory.
- Rearrange the categories by clicking and dragging to change the order.
- Click and drag a category below another to make it a subcategory.
Note: If you've already published your site you'll want to click Edit Site from your Homepage/Dashboard to navigate to the edit mode, then click on the three bar menu.