Change my domain in cPanel hosting
Here's how to change the primary domain name on a cPanel hosting account. After you make the change, allow up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
Before you follow these steps:
- If you've already added the domain name you want to use as an Alias, Redirect, or Addon domain, you need to remove it first.
- Remove any subdomains of your primary domain name.
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, uninstall the certificate before changing the primary domain name.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the account Dashboard, in the Settings section, next to Primary Domain, click Manage.
- Select or enter the domain you want to use, and then click Change Domain.