Configure my SSL certificate to work with the Web Access Firewall (WAF)
If you are on an Express, Deluxe, or Ultimate Website Security plan, we provide HTTPS support to your website as part of your Web Access Firewall (WAF). You can also use a custom certificate (EV, OV, or Wildcard) to replace the one provided with just a few simple steps.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Website Security account you want to manage, click Manage.
- On the top of the page, click Firewall. On the card for your website, click the button, and then SSL.
- Click Replace Certificate.
- Provide a copy of your private key (.key) and certificate (.crt) files.
- Click Save
It can take up to 10 minutes after saving your certificate for the SSL to activate on the WAF.
Note: If you're using Managed WordPress or Web & Classic Hosting, please create a Website Security Support Ticket so we can add the certificate files for you.