Connect to my cPanel hosting account with SSH (Secure Shell)
To connect via SSH, you need this information:
- The IP address for your website, or its domain name.
- Your FTP username (same as your cPanel login name).
- Your FTP password. If you can't remember it here's how to reset that password.
Got all that info? Let's get started!
- Launch the SSH client.
- Enter the following information:
- After entering the necessary information in the SSH client, you will be able to establish a connection to your hosting account.
|Field||What to enter...|
|Host||Your domain name or IP address|
|Username||Your FTP username|
|Password||Your FTP password|
Note: The SSH client you use will determine the exact steps for connecting to your shared hosting account.
- Once connected, you can set an SSH timeout.
Note: We provide information about how to use certain third-party products, we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for their functions or the reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.