Create a shared mailbox
Shared mailboxes allow a group of people to read and send messages from a common email address. For example, if a customer emails email@example.com, employees who have access to that mailbox could receive and respond to the message.
This video is part of the How-To series for setting up email.
- Sign in to the Exchange admin center. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- Go to recipients, and then select shared.
- Select New.
- In the new window, enter the following:
- Display name: The name of your shared mailbox. This is what recipients will see when they get mail from this address.
- Email address: The name of the email address before the @, like contact for general inquiries or sales for your sales team. Select your domain from the list after the @.
- After you're added as a user, you can access a shared mailbox.
- Sign in to the shared mailbox using your email client or webmail.