Create my Microsoft 365 email address
Step 1 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
In just a few steps, we'll get your email up and running. First, let's create your email address in the Email & Office Dashboard.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- If you already have an existing Microsoft 365 email address from GoDaddy, select Add user. If this is your first Microsoft 365 email address, continue to the next step.
- Select the domain you want to use for your email, and then select Continue.
- Enter a Username for your email address.
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- In the Link domains menu, select Do not share. If this is your first email with this domain name, you won’t see this option.
Note: Linking domains allows users to share contacts and files, like if the domains are part of one business.
- To assign admin permissions to the account, select Yes. Or, if you already have an email account, choose whether the new email is for you or someone else.
- Choose an option for the password:
- If the account’s for another user: Select Use a temporary password so the user can change it later.
- If the account’s for you: Under Create a password, enter a password. Make sure it's different than your GoDaddy account. If you already have an email account, you need to select Create my own password first.
- Under Send account info to, enter the email address where we’ll send the account details.
- Select Create.
Congrats, you created your first email!
When your Microsoft 365 email address is ready, we’ll send a confirmation to the email address you provided in step 9. If you don't receive it right away, don't worry. It could take a few minutes.
After you receive your confirmation email, go to the next step where we’ll add your recovery email address. Just a few more steps to go.