Download a copy of my website backup
Website Backup stores your backups for you for 30 days. If you would like to save a copy of your site for longer or would like to put a copy somewhere else safe, you can download a copy of your site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- For Website Security and Backups, select Manage All.
- Find the site you want to download a backup for. Under Backups for that site, select Details.
- Select Restore Options for the date of the backup you want to download.
- Select Download Files to download your site’s files or select Download Databases to download your site’s databases.
- You can select Download All Files near the bottom of the page to download all files or you can select the folders that contain the files you want to download and then select Confirm Selected Files.
- Depending on the size of your site, it can take some time to generate the backup file. Choose Email me the download link or Wait here for download and then select Generate Zip.
- Download your backup zip file.
The backup file is a compressed .zip file. To access individual site files, you will need to use an application that can decompress a .zip file.
To restore these files to your website, use an FTP application.